This year, Wisdom Works Group was invited to participate in a World Wellness Weekend Celebration hosted by the skincare brand Immunocologie.
World Wellness Weekend is an annual event that promotes 5 Pillars of Wellness through fun, meaningful activities (Sleep, Nutrition, Vitality, Purpose & Solidarity). Across 148 countries and a variety of industries, businesses share practices and activities to “Elevate Wellness Worldwide”.
Renee Moorefield, Wisdom Works’ CEO, and I (Kate McIver) were asked to discuss the pillar of Purpose & Solidarity. It was a joy to contribute and discuss a topic that is very meaningful to us and our work.
Watch the recording below to hear how purpose-driven leadership can transform you and your organization, suggestions for integrating purpose into your life and work, as well as our visions for the future.
- Having a team purpose provides teams with direction and makes decision-making easier.
- In a study Renee performed, individuals who had a purpose and used it to guide their life and work scored higher in all other measurements of wellbeing.
- Purpose is about discovering how we are uniquely designed.
- A shared purpose is especially helpful for agile or decentralized teams and enables a more democratized and empowered organization.
- A quick tip to get started on a shared team purpose: have a conversation with your team about why you exist together.
- We exist not just for ourselves, we exist to support the wellbeing, the growth, the evolution of each other and the planet.